Discover how top Taekwondo coach César Valentim keeps organized and saves time with Athlete Analyzer
Top Taekwondo coach César Valentim used to spend several hours each week filling out spreadsheets to keep track of athlete performances. Until he discovered Athlete Analyzer, that is. Learn how he saved 28 hours a month by working smarter, not harder.
César Valentim has been a top Taekwondo coach for over 15 years. Together with his experience as a player, he has been immersed in the world of taekwondo for over 30 years. Until 2015, he was a coach for the Brazilian National Taekwondo Team and for the last five years he has been the head coach of Austria’s top taekwondo club, Wien Taekwondo. He founded the club himself in 2016, with the goal of establishing a competitive Taekwondo Club from Vienna. Today, his athletes rank among the best in Austria and the goal is set on podium positions at the Worlds in 2022.
"Before he started using the training app from Athlete Analyzer, he spent hours administering training plans and filling out spread sheets to keep track of the progress of his athletes".
Establishing a top club in only five years doesn’t come without sacrifice and hard work. But César’s adoption of new technologies means that he not only works harder, he also works smarter. Before he started using the training app from Athlete Analyzer, he spent hours administering training plans and filling out spread sheets to keep track of the progress of his athletes.
– I used to have different spreadsheets for everything. I spent a lot of time organizing and administering information to give my athletes the best possible prerequisites. When I started using Athlete Analyzer I saved – and I have calculated this – 28 hours a month on planning. Now I have more time to focus on the performance of my athletes.
With Athlete Analyzer César can keep everything in the same app. From crafting workouts and training plans to the analysis of match videos and performance insights from the aggregated data. The coach’s dashboard gives him a quick view of training, recovery and performance of all his athletes.
"We have seen an improvement in the psychical conditions of the athletes, simply because we can structure the training better and adapt it to each athlete."
– By adding a predicted exertion rate for each workout I make the athletes aware of what’s coming. This allows them to adapt their nutrition intake, bring the right equipment and generally come better prepared for each workout. This makes for better quality of training, César explains.
The video analysis, specially built for martial arts and combat sports, have greatly improved the way in which he is able to analyze and implement new tactics and training regimens.
– I used to rely on observational analysis during matches. Needless to say, a lot of details were lost. Now we record and tag match videos and get a comprehensive analysis of each athlete’s performance. This allows me to create a unique profile for each athlete, not only technical or tactical analysis, but also in energy spending and active and rest periods. We have seen an improvement in the psychical conditions of the athletes, simply because we can structure the training better and adapt it to each athlete.
Besides the immediate effects of better training, César also sees the benefits of Athlete Analyzer in a wider perspective.
– I work with young athletes between 16-20 years of age. This is a complicated time for most people. I try to provide a stable, organized and well-structured part of their lives which not only benefits their training, but also impacts their life in general. A lot of people forget this, but it is not only the training that affects your performance. I am convinced that our bigger perspective also impacts the clubs’ performance in a positive way.
For César, Athlete Analyzer is a powerful tool in his quest to place his athletes on the podium in the World Championships in 2022. But smarter training is not just for the elites.
– Athlete Analyzer is easy to use, saves time and makes my coaching life a lot easier by keeping everything in the same place. I’d recommend it to any coach on any level that wants his athletes and club to perform better, César concludes.
Want to discover how Athlete Analyzer can help you become a better coach?